Call for proposals ELA 2017
ELA International represents national ELA associations from different countries that contribute together to the financing of research on leukodystrophies. It is run by parents and /or patients affected by leukodystrophies. Accordingly, ELA International wishes to focus funding on programs devoted to the improvement of the health and welfare of patients. This objective can be achieved through studies aimed at understanding disease mechanisms, developing natural history studies including outcome measures and biomarkers, and conducting clinical trials.
Application submission deadline: May 31st, 2017
Themes proposed in the 2017 call for proposals will focus on unmet needs in the field of leukodystrophy and rare leukoencephalopathies.
Research Topics of Interest include:
- • Clinical trial / clinical trial readiness including the development of longitudinal outcome measures, biomarker characterization, imaging modalities and pharmacodynamics /pharmacokinetic studies.
- • Preclinical studies specifically testing therapies (gene, cell, enzyme or pharmacologic therapies).
- • Developing animal or cell-based models (e.g. patient derived iPSC) relevant to human leukodystrophy.
- • Study of mechanisms responsible for disease, in order to identify new therapeutic approaches.
- • Investigating the prevention and repair of white matter injury in humans or in specific leukodystrophy animal models.
Studies should address a knowledge gap in the field and a preference will be given to clinical trials and clinical trial readiness. Translational studies using animal models should use genetic models of leukodystrophies. Novel gene discovery studies fall outside of this funding opportunity. Joint funding initiatives for clinical trials are encouraged.
Direct costs cannot exceed 100,000 € per year, for a maximum funding period of two years.
New this year. Online submission at http://elainternational.eu/site/en/ao-prive
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org